Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It’s Christmas at Casa del Valle, Alamo, Texas

This is The Cowboy’s version of our Christmas Tree.

DSCN0024

This is what the dash of our motorhome looks like.

DSCN0032

Here’s a close up shot of our little tree.

DSCN0029-003

Little is fine with me since I especially love ‘little’ gifts.

Good Things Come to those who Bake.

DSCN0020

We have always loved shortbread cookies but I have to admit in my many years of baking that I had never attempted these. It just seemed all too intimidating to me so I’ve always left it up to someone/anyone else. I also have to admit that I spend a lot of time searching recipes and ideas on the internet.

All Recipes.com is one of my favourites although it’s a love/hate relationship. I love the site because of all the reviews. I also hate the site for the same reason. Anyway, I came across a recipe that seemed easy enough and I’m all about easy. Besides how can 427 cooks rating it 5 Stars be wrong? The picture above is part of the 4 dozen that the recipe yielded. I have already made a second batch since the first one was gone within 3 days. Just to let you know that I probably only had about 5 of them so I guess they were a hit with The Cowboy.

DSCN0078

These other little goodies are family favourites that I’ve made for years.

One is icing sugar, butter, shredded coconut & almond flavouring formed into a ball around a maraschino cherry then rolled in graham cracker crumbs.

The other is chocolate morsels, graham cracker crumbs and sweetened condensed milk. Again, made into a ball then rolled in coconut.

Here are a few shots around the park. Check out the size of that poinsettia.

DSCN0016

With these beautiful huge blooms.

DSCN0016-001

There was a lot of hootin’ and hollerin’ going on around here on Saturday as this parade of residents decorated their golf carts and really got in the Christmas Spirit.

First in the afternoon . . .

2013-12-23

Then again in the evening.

2013-12-231

They sure had a lot of fun and it was great fun for us too.

In closing . . . we want to wish everyone out there a very Merry Christmas.  It's not what's under the tree that matters, it's who's around it...

We hope you are all with the ones you love as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

And finally if you click here Our Christmas Card we’re pretty sure it will make you smile.

Love to All!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas - loved the Jib Jab card. I also use all-recipes a lot - can you tell me the name of that shortbread cookie recipe. I'd like to try it. Looks like it has almonds and that has got to be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is a hoot. I also use all-recipes (when I occasionally cook). Merry Christmas and lots of love sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and the Cowboy. May someday our paths will cross. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card, Merry Christmas enjoy the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete